Moses And The Burning Bush




 Level : K-2

Materials:

Children's Bible with the story of Moses or
A Regular Bible, make sure it has Nihil Obstat
Bible journal or a sheet of paper for drawing
Drawing and coloring materials

Moses and the Burning Bush printable (found in my Free Printables Page)


Our Bible Story lessons usually begin with, of course, a Bible Story. Last year as I read this to my son, he was so curious about what the 10 plagues looked like. I understood his curiosity and gladly answered all his questions because somebody told me 'that's what boys like' - gross things. If you have boys, they will surely enjoy this story. I have a read-a-loud video from The Children's Storybook Bible here. You may want to have your children watch it too.

Read A Loud Stories

After reading, we re-told the story together using the pictures in the book. This year however, as my son has turned 6, I ask him to narrate the story back. For children below 6, you may still want to go through the story again with them while showing some pictures.

In my Catechism class this year, I also showed some renaissance paintings and some illustrations of Moses and the burning bush. I also use this technique in our homeschool Bible Lesson.

After re-telling or narrating, expect a few questions or reaction - especially about the pictures. Allow the children to ask and express their opinions and ideas. 



We then draw the story. My son usually draws the action part. There is a lot going on in most of his drawings. I allow him to talk about his drawing while he draws. After he draws, he will dictate the story again as I write it down in a space on his Bible Journal.



Our Bible story lessons were in this format since last year. The previous years, we would just read through a Children's bible and talk about the story. I sometimes draw and he colors. So in my online Catechism class this year, I sent my Kindergarteners a printable. You may download the PDF on my FREE PRINTABLES Page

I have also included memory game cards of the 10 Plagues to help older children remember all ten.

You can find this in the Moses and The Burning Bush printable


This year, as we did this lesson again, My son drew all 10 plagues in detail. We played the memory game a couple of times too.

in Catechism class, we sang some songs too. Although the songs were not related to the lesson, we had an enjoyable class just the same. And before we sang our goodbye song, I reminded them to obey their parents always because when they do, they are also obeying God. Then of course, I also requested that  they hang their coloring page where they can be reminded of being obedient.


God bless you!





Comments

Popular Posts