Charlotte Mason's List of Habits



When my son was just 2, I started reading all about Charlotte Mason's Method. I became interested when I learned that Nature Walks, Nature Study and Nature Journaling was part of this method of homeschooling. When we brought home Teo from the orphanage, my husband and I noticed that he loved nature and the outdoors. We spent a lot of time at the common garden at the back of our rented house in Laguna.



And so begins our family's Charlotte Mason homeschool journey. 

Charlotte Mason emphasized that during the early years, parents should focus on the formation of habits, outdoors and good books. And that is what our family did. 

So in order for me to keep track, I used the Reference List of Habits I found on the internet when I was looking for resources on the CM habits. I could not find the link anymore but I made posters so I can take a quick look or plan what habit to practice with Teo in the coming weeks or months. And of course I am sharing them with you. So whether you are new to the CM method or not, new to homeschooling or not; you may also have these posters on your 'homeschool room' wall.


“The mother who takes pains to endow her children with good habits secures for herself smooth and easy days; while she who lets their habits take care of themselves has a weary life of endless friction with the children.” - Charlotte Mason
 I have included some links about habits below for you (and me) as we practice the habit of reading and continuous learning in our Charlotte Mason homeschool journey.


Download the List of Habits poster here.













More resources on habits: 

Comments

Popular Posts