Joseph and His Wonderful, Colorful Robe



We did this lesson when our son was in KG2. I used it again for my KG1 online Catechism class.

Level: K-2

Materials:
Children's Bible with the story of Joseph
Bible journal or a sheet of paper for drawing
Drawing and coloring materials
Joseph and His Wonderful coat printable (found in my Free Printables Page)


Start by reading the Story of Joseph and his brothers (Gen. 37-46). You may use any Children's Bible. I have a read aloud video from The Jesus Story Book Bible on my Read A Loud page. We like the Jesus Story book Bible because of the colorful illustrations and beautiful wordings. 

We usually narrate back what was read aloud. This way we are able to remember more details in the story. Our son usually goes first and then me. After, we wonder and ask questions between ourselves about the reasons and motivations of each character (including God) in the story.

For my KG1 Catechism class, I let them watch the Read A Loud video and went over the story again my pausing the video to let the children say what they remember.




My son and I each have a Bible Journal, we usually do a quick sketch for Bible stories such as these and talk about the story further while drawing. For my Catechism class, I asked the parents to download my Joseph and His Wonderful Coat Printable and asked them to choose any of the coloring pages to print. I also included a tunic template with which the children can also paste colored paper onto it. This is usually for some children who don't like coloring and prefer to use glue. 






Arts and Crafts in our homeschool are usually done in the afternoons, And it is presented in a gentle way. I would leave templates and materials out so its easily available. Glue scissors and tape are always available too.

I ended my Catechism class with a question if they too, like Joseph would forgive their siblings. Of course I had so many responses! And asked them to hang their artwork where they can see and look at whenever they feel angry or upset with their brothers or sisters.

God bless you!





 


Comments

Post a Comment

Popular Posts